Chamberlain PD752D Review
Different types of garage openers are custom-made to function on unique door type. A chain drive, named after it, utilized a chain and a cable on its side. Likewise, the use of this chain has given it a popular brand and trademark being a noisy machine. Chain drives are very economical and has relatively low product maintenance cost.
Chamberlain PD752D 3/4 –Horsepower Heavy-Duty Premium Chain Drive Garage Door Opener is a reputable product and awarded the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. Known for its reliable features, over 140 consumers expressed satisfaction on the product performance. It is very user-friendly and easy to operate. PD752D Chain Drive garage door opener is ideal carriage house and facilities with solid-wood doors. Unlike other chain drive garage door opener models, chamberlain has unique low-noise level operation feature.
Chamberlain invented the chain spreader to keep the chain from hitting the rail thus reducing noise. The original steel worm gear was changed to nylon worm gear placed inside the case to decrease heat against the helical gear. Tension springs are removed from the inner trolley to minimize door bounce.
This garage opener has a wide array of safety and security features that safeguards home against burglar and accidental garage door closings. With the auto-force sensing technology, PD752D allows temperature and floor height adjustments and door track movements as well. This unit is capable to stop closing as soon as it can detect something that blocks underneath. The consumer may change or update new code to secure the house from theft.
Installation package comes with wall mount door control together with protector system, chain and cable, mounting brackets, remote controls, safety labels and user’s manual.
Technical Features and Specifications
3/4 –Horsepower Chain Drive
Weighs 42 pounds
27.1 x 9.7 x 13.3 inches dimensions
Lifetime motor warranty and 1 year for other parts
Made in USA
4.5/5 stars with over 140 reviews
Motor Vibration Isolation System against intruders
Quick and Easy Installation
Price: $212.51 plus Free Shipping
Antique garage doors are typically heavy and large. Most garage openers do not suit these door types. Few years ago, homeowners are left with no choice but to lift these doors and worse look for other parking areas for convenience. Thanks to Chamberlain PD752D 3/4 –Horsepower Heavy-Duty Premium Chain Drive Garage Door Opener, this hassle can be avoided. PD752D is the best answer to seemingly unmanageable doors.
Who would refuse the lifetime warranty offer? Plus, the heavy-duty ¾ horsepower motor and ruggedly designed chain, which can quickly open garage, doors quietly. With the Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS) feature, users no need to think about squeaking noise when door movement is there.
Chamberlain is based in Saarwellingen, Germany. They are well-known manufacturers of garage door openers, remote controls and are known for both commercial and residential gate operators. Their products are available in majority of countries around the world. Chamberlain offices are located in Poland, Slovak, Singapore, Germany, France and Netherlands.
– Many users are grateful of the product’s advanced features. Easy installation process is rated very impressive. Some even proclaimed that Chamberlain PD752D 3/4 –Horsepower Heavy-Duty Premium Chain Drive Garage Door Opener is extraordinarily unique that even a newbie can install it with ease.
– Most of consumer reviews positive comments favor the product’s quiet operation in comparison to other models used.
– Some consumers are happy with the fast shipping. The product is delivered within the time frame expected.
– Chain drive in general uses a pulley system and can still function even if power shuts off.
– Chain drive garage openers are cost effective and the most durable among all types of garage openers.
Remote Control Issues
– Some people find the remote controls of Chamberlain PD752D 3/4 –Horsepower Heavy-Duty Premium Chain Drive Garage Door Opener troublesome. Nevertheless, with few adjustments they were able to utilize the remote effectively.
– One user mentioned that the garage opener works with universal remote control and that safety can be compromised if the manufacturer will not act on it immediately.
Thin Mounting Brackets
– Mounting brackets may be thin to some users. However, this depends on a garage door to another and may not be very significant.
Potentially Harmful If Not Checked
– In time, the chain looses around the socket and can be potentially harmful. Periodic checking is required to ensure safety.
Low Speed Performance
– Speed is slower compared to other opener types because chain drives bounce a lot in the door as they rise.
Who Should Use the Chamberlain PD752D?
If you are thinking of installing a garage system and yet you do not have enough cash for it, then the chain drive is your best choice since it works on all types of garage doors and the cheapest among all garage openers. Homeowners with antique or hard wood doors will benefit the convenience of using chain drive as it comes with industrial features reliable to accommodate the heaviest garage door. Chain drives are well suited to homes with main living space afar from the garage.
Why Should You Use the PD752D?
Chain drive garage door openers are the most popular installed garage systems these days. Unlike few decades back, innovations on its specifications were greatly improved especially to address noise issues. This could be the best reason why you should choose Chamberlain PD752D 3/4 –Horsepower Heavy-Duty Premium Chain Drive over other brands. Chamberlain’s low-noise feature in their chain drive products is exceptional making it sought after and also gaining very good ratings.
PD752D works with maximum efficiency and ¾ horsepower works well with heavy doors. Lifetime warranty on motors speak that they are long lasting and durable. For only 212.51 with free shipping options, it is surely economical. You may only need to spend only on lubes once in a while and nothing more. Just be sure to check it occasionally for any loose parts or it can be a safety hazard.